11.11.2014

Stash Overload

I know I've said it before, but when it comes to my stash I am either super organized, or its a huge disaster. Here's what I did recently:
The bins to the bottom and right of the shelves are separated into color groups or themes like Civil War, batiks, novelty, etc. 

The other bins with the numbers have my precut scraps that are too small to be "scraps" but I didn't want to toss them and I'm finding it is really helpful to have these pieces organized and grouped by size. I can't tell you how many quilts I've started by going into a size bun and grabbing a stack of already cut squares or strips that saves me a ton of time!
Each bin has squares and strips. This is my 2" bin and this one has room for further organizing so the pieces are also sorted into cottons, batiks, and Civil War. 

It took a bit of time to get organized and get everything just so, but I can tell you it's sooooooo worth it! I have been cutting out some new quilts as well, so I have this stack of "leftovers" that have been trimmed to size and just need to be sorted in the bins, but the last time I did it, I took over my wonky coffee table and it looked like this:
So for now, until I have a moment to take over the living room again, I have this amazing little pile:
The other half of my sewing room still looks like a fabric explosion that I need to tackle, but this is a marathon, not a sprint, so I'm working slow and methodical. I know my stash will be an ever evolving process, and I'm good with that because there may always be a new idea or a different fabric I'm into, so it makes me evaluate my stash and use it and that's the main thing! 

What does your stash look like? Is it organized or a disaster?

3 comments:

  1. My stash is not a tidy as yours is Rebecca, but this weekend my granddaughter helped me tag and organize all the projects (i.e. fabric) into bags and put them up on shelves....Now when I am done with one project, I can pick another out, without having to find out what is in each bag.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my stash was as organized as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know mine would be neater if I had the room....That is a MAJOR complaint with quilter's isn't it?????lol

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...