12.14.2014

Candy Sweets Quilt (A Free Tutorial)

I had the amazing opportunity to work with the folks at Timeless Treasures Fabrics and they asked me to come up with a fun Christmas-y quilt... Well, this is what I came up with:
 The great thing about this quilt, well there's a few:

1. It's fast, fun and simple.
2. It uses 5" squares and minimal yardage (so you probably have all of the fabrics at home already)
3. It can be used for Christmas or any get together for a little quilty decor. I had in mind that it would look great at the dessert table or at a cookie exchange!
4. It's small enough to be used as a wall hanging, but big enough to make an impact!!!
I had so much fun making this quilt and I hope you do too. You can head on over to Timeless Treasures blog here to get the tutorial! It actually posted Friday and I was stuck in the whirlwind of quilting deadlines that I actually forgot it was posting that day... Ooooppppssss. We set this tutorial up a few weeks ago and I lost track of time!

That's actually the reason the blog has been so quiet. Between the unexpected trips to the dentist and trying to meet the quilting deadlines for Christmas and Farmpark, I have been a quilting fool. Seriously, my goal today is to wash AND DRY my hair for the first time in forever. It takes so much time I usually towel dry it as best I can and then throw it up in a messy bun and run out the door. It's the little things, isn't it?

Well, I hope you enjoy the tutorial, I'd love to see pictures if you make your own version of it! Last night I took a quick break to finish up Christmas shopping, so far this morning I've pulled out a few decorations, and it reminded me that I have one to share with you here. To make up for my lack of blogging, I'll post again later today with a little embroidery piece (I'll share the design as a free printable too!) that I whipped up. Until then, have a great weekend!!! I've got a little bit more quilting this week to finish up, so I'll be out there a bit later today, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's a good thing because Christmas isn't that far away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...