5.11.2015

Seems Like Scrappy Preview: Crumpet

I'm not typically a girly girl. I do like flowers and doing my hair and gardening (and quilting of course), but I'm usually drawn to the more rustic or bold styles. Except this time.

Somewhere deep down inside of me is a girly girl and she likes to make an appearance at random times. One time being when I chose the paint color for my sewing room, and another notable time when I made this quilt:
Photo provided by Martingale. Photography by Brent Kane. All rights reserved. 

Meet Crumpet, one of the smaller projects from Seems Like Scrappy. I was inspired by the array of half square triangle quilts in modern layouts sprinkled throughout social media. I love the offset center and wanted to mix it up a bit more, just because. That's when I got the idea of using 60 degree triangles. With the array of rulers available on the market now and really awesome patterns to go with them, triangles aren't as scary to quilters like they once were.

But how was I going to get a scrappy look by using precuts? I could have cut strips from Fat Eighths or Fat Quarters, but then I had a "lightbulb" moment. Use honeycombs...

Honeycombs you say, but they're hexagons. Precisely! A hexagon is nothing more than six 60 degree triangles! Now, it does make the triangles much smaller once you cut everything down, but trust me - it just adds to the charm of this small quilt.

Crumpet was fun and interesting to make and I love how it turned out. It was really fun to quilt too and I used Quilter's Dream Puff batting to really pop the quilting and give it definition.

Seems Like Scrappy will be available very very soon. June 2nd is the official release date and I can't wait for you all to see it. Don't forget you can preorder a signed copy in my shop for 25% off the list price. This sale runs until I get the books on my doorstep, so act fast!

Otherwise, be sure to ask your LQS to order it and tell them to come visit me at Spring Market! I will be sharing all of the quilts I've made from the book plus the duplicates I've made.

Tomorrow I will be posting my schedule at Market and where you can come find me and my book! I can't wait to share it with everyone, it's so exciting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...