8.12.2015

New title...

I just wanted to pop in and tell you all a little about what's been going on behind the scenes here. I feel like I've completely fallen off the blogging bandwagon and I'm truly sorry, but I have an excuse and it's pretty awesome if I do say so myself. 

I get to add a new title to my resume. So far I have quilter, pattern designer, author, long arm quilter and fabric hoarder if I'm being completely honest. Well, adding to this list will also be mom <3

This little one has been wreaking havoc on my system these last few weeks which has left me feeling less than stellar most days. I've been using what little energy I have left to eat and take care of my clients needs, maybe clean and shower somewhere in there... But most days my couch and I (with our friends ginger ale and crackers) have been spending a lot of quality time together. 

I'm hoping in a few more weeks I will be feeling a little more "back to normal" and quilting like a mad woman. Luckily I've scheduled myself a little more open for the time being, but here's my plea to you:

Please plan ahead for Christmas quilts and show quilts you're looking for in the near future because I'm not entirely sure how long I'll be able to reach the machine efficiently and I'm not going to schedule myself into oblivion during the holidays this year. Sorry, but I've got my health and this little growing baby to look out for! 

My hope is to be quilting until late January or so (best case scenario) and be back to quilting in the Spring. As much as I'd love to give a more concrete plan, being a first-time mom, I don't want to spread myself too thin. I can still take early reservations for quilting slots, but I won't be able to guarantee turn around for next year at this time. 

So please, if you're thinking about getting some quilting done later this year, I would appreciate an early word so I can make sure you're on the schedule. We can work out timing (don't feel you need the quilt done just yet) so you and I both know when roughly I will be working on your quilts. I'm already booking through most of September and as I said, I'm planning on keeping the schedule a bit lighter than usual so baby and I can rest. 

I'm so excited for this new adventure and I can't wait until March! Okay, maybe I can, but I can't. You know what I mean! 

So that's the big secret! I haven't been avoiding you on purpose, I promise! 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting for you and hubby and your family. I'm sure Mom is thrilled! Continue to take care of yourself, and yes, you and baby come first. Feel better soon and enjoy this pregnancy--time flies... Susan Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What thrilling news, even though you feel less than stellar - it will pass :) Be gentle with yourself and your time...this is the best time in your life to be stingy with your time and energy, you are gonna need it *grin*. Enjoy every day, because even if you get pregnant again, it will be different...wonderful but different! Keep us updated and don't forget to measure your waistline just before you head to the hospital, right over that belly button - makes you feel so much slimmer when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca! I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exciting news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Mom" is the best title and best role you will ever play. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news! Best title ever is that of Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, how exciting. Don't be discouraged if the morning sickness lasts past morning or more months than they tell you. Take care of yourself. I was so attached to my couch during my 3rd or 4th pregnancy that for the first time in my life I watched GOLF on TV. Before that I had played golf but would never dream of spending time watching it. (This was early 80's before DVR's and Netflicks) I think I also remember crying watching an Iron man triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this exciting news with us. I send prayers that you are feeling better soon. You will be a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I can't think of anything more exciting or important. I am so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to repeat my congratulations, Rebecca & to thank you for a delightfully inspiring presentation at the KISS quilt guild yesterday. It was truly a joy to attend & see all your wonderful quilts in person.
    I hope you feel better soon & send up *knee-mails* for an easy delivery!!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just now seeing this, Congratulations!!! How exciting for you and Ben. I bet your mom is just thrilled too. Hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the conversation going! Leave your comments here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...